Sunday, April 14, 2013

Good Morning Day 11

I think it's safe to say that fewer posts can be taken as a sign that things are going better.  Our family ended up going out for both breakfast and lunch yesterday.  I was pleased.  My only issue was that we didn't end up eating breakfast until nearly 9am.  That's too damn late for me.  I guess I should've had a banana or something right when I got up.  I hate to start with sugar though, even if it's fruit.  I'm currently hard boiling some eggs.  I don't love them, but they'll be a good go-to option when I need some quick protein.

I am struggling with hunger in the evening. My meal times typically fall at about 7am, 11:30ish, and about 5pm for the evening meal.  While I'm doing a decent job at getting to bed by 10, that stretch between the end of dinner and going to bed is long.  I think I'm supposed to be done eating something like two hours before going to bed, so perhaps I need to start downing one of those hard boiled eggs at 7 or 8.  I feel like the hunger is legitimate; and I nearly always wake up sometime between midnight and two (usually I go to the bathroom and get right back to sleep, but I'm growing weary of the interruption in my zzzzz's).  I can't help but think my hunger might have something to do with why I'm waking so early in the night.  Of course, returning to more consistent exercise would likely help with the sleep.  Of course, it will probably make me more hungry.  MY LIFE IS SO HARD!!!!  :-)

I still really, really miss beer.  We had chili for dinner last night, and I would've loved to have washed it down with a nice Boulevard unfiltered wheat.  Doing without is definitely a good exercise for me. Without going into detail, I will just say that our family has been through what I would call an above average amount of turmoil in recent years (mainly pertaining to the incarceration of a close family member).  Family stress levels have been high.  Additionally, we have two great kids... but let's face it, parenthood ain't stress free.  Throw in the fact that we've both dealt with some anxiety and depression, and it's more than safe to say that we've self-medicated with alcohol more in recent years than one should.  Do I think we're chemically dependent?  No.  Do I think we're entrenched in some bad habits?  Yes. 

All that being said, now is the time I will confess that I will not be doing a whole30.  On day 21 I'm flying to Phoenix to meet up with my childhood bestie Kelly and her sister.  I haven't seen Kelly since I got married 14+ years ago.  That to me is adequate reason to break this 'fast.'  I may re-start upon my return home and go for 30 straight, but I may not.  Chris is determined to go straight through, so I may just be done when he is.  I can tell you now, though, that no matter when I'm 'done,' I will never be DONE.  I will not be strictly paleo, but I do intend to maintain, for the most part, this way of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment