Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 15

I attempted another run two days ago.  It sucked.  I did personal training yesterday, I felt strong.  But, I'm tired of sucky runs.  Word on the street (or in the Whole 9 forum) is that it will get better... and I need to eat more sweet potatoes.  That seems impossible, but I'll get 'er done.  I did make some sweet potato chips yesterday that were damn tasty.  Hopefully I can get more made soon and start downing them like a crazy woman.

Speaking of a crazy woman, you're currently reading the writing of one.  The search for a family dog took a very unfortunate turn this week.  We were all set, but for a home visit. Lovely young woman (looked to be no more than 22 years old) came to scope out our digs.  She acted as if everything was status quo, then proceeded to give us a failing grade.  Reason:  disorganization.  Yep... my house is not fit for a dog.  We do live a disheveled lifestyle, I cannot deny.  But, we thought we had the place looking pretty presentable.  I could go on and on and on about this.  All that matters though, is I feel like a complete failure.  A failure for having a shitty house and a failure for setting my kids up for such disappointment.  They've had more than their fair share of shit to deal with in recent years.  I thought a dog would be therapeutic; but ultimately the whole situation led to ultimate despair for them.  

And, it's snowing.  And snowing.  And snowing.  It's cold.  It's April.  I am in a complete and total funk.  I know beer and pizza won't help.  But DAMN I want some beer and pizza (and a box of kleenex please).

No comments:

Post a Comment