Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 21ish



I have to say 21ish, because I fell off the full compliance wagon last Friday night.  On both nights of the weekend, I enjoyed some red wine.  It was, indeed, just as good as I remembered! 

Despite our lack of perfection, I'm pleased.  Like, REALLY pleased.  I feel good.  I've lost some weight (that wasn't the goal, and yes, I've broken the rules by stepping on the scale-- but I'll take it!).  Running is slowly but surely improving.  The hubs has lost some pounds (he broke the rules too); and we've completed 20+ days of REALLY healthy eating (I'm looking at the big picture here, folks). 

I would've made a bigger effort at complete compliance; but as I mentioned earlier, I am headed to Arizona this weekend for a girls weekend.  I will, admittedly, enjoy being responsibility and food restriction free! 

It's also worth mentioning that I met a friend for lunch on Monday at our favorite Indian buffet.  I skipped the rice and naan, but didn't ask for ingredient lists of the curry type dishes available.  I'm certain there was dairy involved.  I also couldn't pass up the pokoras... undoubtedly coated in something derived from grain.  And, I'm pretty sure it caused me problems.  Nothing unbearable, but I definitely had some abdominal discomfort in the evening.  Could be coincidence.  Who knows?

Anyhoozal... here's a pic from a fun (and compliant, less the wine) dinner with friends on Saturday.  It was oh so good to re-introduce ourselves to the grill!

Mmmmmmeat.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment